3 sisters dropping science on basketball, Harry Potter, and everything in between...

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

2.5 Hours!

...is how long it took for Sidney to have an accident in the middle of the night.

Our evening went like this: I took Sidney outside at about 7:30 p.m. and he peed. Put Sidney in his crate around 8:15 and fell asleep. Woke up at 11:15 to take him out. He peed--not just a little, but a massive volume. This made me happy since it should have meant that he had gotten rid of everything he was holding on to. Put Sidney back into his crate and fell asleep again.

Woke up at about 1:45 because I could hear strange (wet) noises coming from Sidney's crate. Opened the crate door and touched Sidney's chest. He was completely soaked. In his own pee. So GROSS!! I had to give Sidney a bath at 2:00 in the freakin' morning!! I am so exhausted and getting really sick of this crate training thing. I'm sure Sidney is, too. Since Jeff had to get up at 4:00 (yes, it's as ungodly as it sounds!!) to get to work by 5:45, I'm sure we all only got about 3 or 4 hours of sleep.

Needless to say, there were no happy campers in our house this morning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ally said...

Poor Sidney...

3:02 PM

 
Blogger wendy_kei said...

I know! When I got home and saw how wet he was, I kept saying, "I'm so sorry, Sidney! I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I hate it that he has to lie in his own pee... I just wish we could get the timing down right. It was definitely easier when Jeff was not working. I may need to hire a dog walker for a month or so I can walk Sid around 11:00 and they can walk him around 2:00.

5:53 PM

 
Blogger wendy_kei said...

Oops--that last comment was in reference to the fact that he peed in his crate AGAIN today while I was at work. I walked him before work at 7:45. Came home and walked him at 11:15. Fed/watered him. Walked him again at 12:30, but nothing... Figured I'd need to walk him earlier than 4:45 when I usually get home, I took a quick afternoon break to walk him again. Too late. He'd already peed in his crate... Had to bathe him, walk him, and then run back to work. Ick. It's been a really difficult couple of days.

5:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home