3 sisters dropping science on basketball, Harry Potter, and everything in between...

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

dogs, dogs, dogs

So, I went to Seattle to meet Sidney and to pick up KayCee with mom and dad... I love them!!!!! Maybe if Sidney keeps having accidents all the time, Wendy will send him to live with me! :)


I have to say that Sidney may be the most spoiled dog I have ever met. He is like a big baby - he doesn't like to walk and insists on being carried everywhere. It is so adorable when he just decides that he's had enough walking, and he plants himself on the sidewalk until someone picks him up. He also follows you around and walks around generally underfoot until you sit down so that he can crawl into your lap. He also plays a slightly different version of Fetch...You throw the toy, he watches it with vague interest, and then he sits there while you retrieve the toy and throw it again. Sidney has more personality than any dog I've ever seen and most people.


KayCee is the most lazy dog I have ever seen. That dog gets about 6 hours of sleep to every 3 minutes of activity. She likes to bite your feet and jeans...very rarely does she show as much energy as when she lunges for your toes - and she's quick enough that she gets some good shots in there. Otherwise, she is a classic Hisaka - she can sleep through anything (being picked up and moved around, driving through the mountains, Dad's snoring, etc.) for an insane amount of time.

She's also a little bit of a slob - she basically smells like ass and her first poop smelled so bad that I could smell it from 20 feet away. Her second poop was also eventful, as she walked all through it after she was done and got it all over her feet. This was utterly disgusting, so I made Mom and Dad buy some baby wipes so I could wipe off her feet. I also used them to wipe her ass every time she took a crap. Yes, I am as bad as Auntie Helen. Mom and Dad made fun of me, but at least I'm not the one with crap residue on me when I pick her up after she's dropped a deuce.

Despite her smelling something awful, I think she is the most adorable little thing and I can't wait to see her this weekend! When we first picked her up in Oregon, she was really shy and just wanted to be held and comforted. When we were in the hotel, she wouldn't sleep until I either let her sit in my lap or if I slept on the floor with her next to me. On the drive home, at first she would crawl into my lap to sleep, but as the day went on she got more and more to the point where she could just sleep in the middle seat with us petting her.

----------
Quicktime Movie of Sidney

Quicktime Movie of KayCee

1 Comments:

Blogger wendy_kei said...

yay! they're so cute!! :) we took sidney on a walk last night. he actually walked all the way to pioneer square and back. i only had to coax him a few times--overall, he did all right!

9:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home