3 sisters dropping science on basketball, Harry Potter, and everything in between...

Friday, March 17, 2006

lots o' random thoughts...

Just hitting the high points today...

- Yay Stanford is a #3 seed!!! Boo, I'm going to have to miss watching the game live because...

- ...Yay! We're getting together with Jaime and Jeff, so it should be fun! We're planning on going to the Irish festival in Dublin, hopefully the weather will hold up. Mmm...corned beef! (There'll be all sorts of good food according to the website - lumpia, polish sausage, funnel cake, potato knishes!)

- Richie and I went to Reno last weekend with Mom and Dad. Other than the drive up, which was horrendous (it took us 8+ hours from Benicia because of the road conditions), we had a great time! We went skiing on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday (at Squaw) was a little rough because it was snowing so hard you couldn't really even see the ground, but Sunday (at Homewood) was awesome! It was still snowing but not as bad as the day before. Richie started beating me down the mountain, and we skiied a couple easy intermediate runs at the end of the afternoon!

- I convinced Mom to play poker with me Sunday night...it couldn't be any worse than how blackjack was going! I won $200 - yay for me! But I have to admit that I was catching some great hands (pocket Jacks, pocket Kings, pocket Aces numerous times). Although I do have to brag about how I smoked this one guy - I check-raised him on the river! Ooh, we made a new poker friend too - it turns out that the guy that was sitting next to me lives a few blocks away from us in Daly City. He hosts a weekly poker game at his condo on a home-built table with seating for 10, cupholders, the works. It was a pretty nice setup. So Richie ended up going over to this guy's house to play poker on Wednesday. He placed 3rd and got his money back!

- I have a "friend" that plays basketball and for some reason she is ultra competitive with me in this really passive aggressive way. Basically, she makes these random comments that *could* be taken innocently or as an insult. After a couple years of interacting with her, I have decided that she must really resent me for some reason because she really only makes these comments toward me!!! Anyway, she is one of my teammates and we were supposed to have a game last night but the other team didn't show up, so we played 3-on-3 amongst ourselves. My team smoked the other team that this biotch was on, so I was pretty happy about that...but even happier about the fact that I totally used and abused her. She had to resort to using her 45 pound weight advantage on me and post me up, elbowing me in the neck and chest each time. Ugh, I totally want to post a list of the rude things she's said to me, but I don't want her to stumble on this site somehow since I have to deal with her regularly and we have a lot of mutual friends. Although, to be honest, I don't know anyone who really and truly likes her! BEEEE-YI-YOTCH!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home