3 sisters dropping science on basketball, Harry Potter, and everything in between...

Monday, September 26, 2005

One Step Backward, Two Steps Forward?

Well, I have to admit that I was hoping Sidney would miraculously be housebroken by the time I got back from California, but no such luck. Still Sidney is making some great strides...

Yesterday afternoon, Sidney had an accident on the carpet. He just started peeing right in front of Jeff and me. (Unlike other dogs that run around the corner to do their business, Sidney has no modesty at all.) I clapped my hands and said, "No," sternly, and then took him outside to finish.

Later in the evening Jeff and I ran some errands and then went to grab some dinner at Sport. (Sorry to hear about the 49ers, by the way.) This time instead of crating Sidney, we let him play in the bathroom. I wanted to see if he would pee/poop in there or if he would hold it.

When I got back about three hours later, MIRACULOUSLY, Sidney had left no presents to clean up, so I rushed to get him outside ASAP. When we got to the basement, he started wriggling and wriggling to get out of my arms. I held on to him to make sure he didn't try to pee in the building. Once outside, I set him down, he ran across the alley to his potty spot and immediately started peeing. Good job, Sidney!

I walked him later at 10:30 p.m. and then again at 12:30 a.m. Fell asleep and didn't wake up until my alarm went off at 6:45. When I let Sidney out, I worried that he'd peed or pooped in his crate. But THANK GOD, there were NO ACCIDENTS!! He immediately crawled into my lap for some hugs and kisses, which I was happy to give him since he wasn't covered in his own pee or poop. Then I rushed him outside and he did his business immediately.

This is real progress--I got a whole 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ally said...

Yay Sidney!!!

KayCee literally took 4 steps backward last weekend. She made 3 poos and 1 pee that I had to clean up in the span of about 2 hours while we were playing poker.

2:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home