3 sisters dropping science on basketball, Harry Potter, and everything in between...

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'm so cheap...

(Part I)

...that I've decided to save gas by driving less than 70 miles per hour this week. Normally, in the Civic, I get about 32 miles per gallon while going 75 or so on the freeway.

This is a huge deal for me since everyone knows I have a lead foot...Lisa once described me as Evil Knievel! With so many CHPs on 280, I had already been trying to keep it around 75 (I can't possibly get cited for going 75 when everyone else is going 85, can I???), but I don't think I've ever driven under 70 on the freeway regularly, even when I first got my license. Mom and Dad don't read this, do they?

So far, it has actually been very relaxing - maybe Dad should try it! I just put the cruise control on 69-ish and listen to my iPod. Luckily, I've just been going to work so far, so I don't have a huge desire to get there any earlier than I have to...We'll see how successful this <70 thing is when I'm late for a game or something.

I'll post the mileage I get the next time I get gas! So far, judging by how many miles I've gone on this tank and how much gas I have left, it looks promising.

(Part II)
...that I have decided not to buy Arrested Development Season 2 and will instead hope that someone that reads this blog will buy it for me (or Richie!) for Christmas! Or that Wendy or Kimi will bring it home for Thanksgiving and we can watch every episode that weekend...

(Part III)
...that Richie and I feasted on Kraft Macaroni and Cheese and a can of Safeway-brand green beans last night for dinner. Yum. Who says we Californians can't identify with Middle America???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home