3 sisters dropping science on basketball, Harry Potter, and everything in between...

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

class book

So, I got my Stanford Class Book last night. The Class book is kind of like a "Where Are They Now?" for all the people in your graduating class. You get to fill in a page telling everyone what you've been up to for the last 5 years.

Since 2003 when I was trying to get Kimi to go to Stanford (so she could stay on the Fresh Coast!!!), coupled with Richie applying to law school and also going to so many basketball games on campus, I've been feeling somewhat nostalgic about Stanford. Maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought it was freshman year and I just wasn't giving the people there a chance.

Then I got my Class Book. Man, if that didn't make me feel ill from all the totally over-motivated people... Yup, the same ones that came in with their 100+ college credits and already knew what their major was have gone on to create their own mega-companies, discover the cure for whatever disease, etc., etc. These are the ones that get their names printed up in a fancy booklet for donating $10,000 to the school every year. Ask Richie, I literally felt ill from looking through this book!!! Here I am, just trying to scrape by, struggling to balance my basketball schedule with primetime t.v. (how am I going to watch the new Geena Davis show when it is in direct conflict with my Campbell lower intermediate basketball league???).

It was kind of sad because there are a handful of people that I'm not still in touch with that I would be interested in seeing how they're doing, but they didn't do pages. Like Catherine...I feel like e-mailing her to see if she had the same nauseated reaction to the Class Book that I did!

Come on, Lisa, if you're reading this...You can't tell me that you didn't feel grossed out reading some of those people's pages. Like your buddy that does concerts in her spare time from her medical rounds in addition to all her charity work...Oh yeah, you know who I'm talking about!!! :P

1 Comments:

Blogger wendy_kei said...

Yeah, thanks for sharing. Like I don't already feel like an underachiever...

10:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home