3 sisters dropping science on basketball, Harry Potter, and everything in between...

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

richie and i might be headed for divorce!

New 'Survivor' Divides Groups by Race

(08-23) 10:59 PDT Los Angeles (AP) -- Get ready for a segregated "Survivor." Race will matter on the upcoming season of the CBS show as contestants will be divided into four tribes by ethnicity. That means blacks, whites, Latinos and Asians in separate groups.

The announcement was made on CBS' Early Show. Host Jeff Probst says the idea "actually came from the criticism that 'Survivor' was not ethnically diverse enough." He says the twist fits in perfectly with what "Survivor" does, saying the show is "a social experiment. And this is adding another layer to that experiment." Probst says contestants had mixed reactions to the racial divisions.

This time the new Survivors are stranded on the Cook Islands in the South Pacific. The castaways include a police officer, a heavy metal guitarist, an attorney and a nail salon manager. The new season of Survivor debuts September 14th.

--------

Gee, I wonder which group the nail salon manager belongs to??? :P

The Survivor motto is Outwit, Outplay, Outlast...we all know the Asians will at least outwit the other groups!!! ;) Go ASIANS!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger wendy_kei said...

I cannot believe they're doing that... I'm surprised the PC alarms didn't go off........

2:38 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Well, I never watch Survivor, but my guess would be that it would be a contest between.....brains or athleticism. Hmmm - which groups would be in the running? JUST KIDDING.

6:33 AM

 
Blogger Kimi said...

Although I did spend the early years of my childhood in Africa, I am going to have to side with the Asians on this one, too.

Viva Japon

9:43 AM

 
Blogger wendy_kei said...

another advantage: asians are quick and speedy. and of course, we all know martial arts too.

1:56 PM

 
Blogger Kimi said...

hahahaha!

8:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home