tahoe trip

Richie and I went to Tahoe over Presidents' Day weekend...It was tons of fun, except I think there was something in the cabin that I was allergic to, so whenever we were in the cabin for awhile, I would get totally congested and my eyes were all watery. I felt sorry for everyone else that was staying there because I was basically a really disgusting pile of mucous for most of the weekend.
But other than that, we had a good time skiing. The conditions weren't so bad considering how warm it was and how little snow there was, but still...the amount of snow was shockingly little. Like, there were major rocks and trees and stuff poking through the snow on a lot of the runs.
The big highlight of the trip for me was on Sunday...When we were up at the top of the mountain, Jen and Marie convinced me to go on the run that went along underneath the chair lift. At first I said, "HELL no," because it looked really steep. They said it was an intermediate run and they pointed to the sign, which had the name of the run written in blue lettering. So I said, "Well, what about that sign?" that was posted right at the beginning of the run and said, "EXPERTS ONLY," and they said it was only because there was "thin cover" and there were some bushes and crap poking through the snow. Richie said he'd be fine going down our usual way by himself, so I decided to ski down with Jen and Marie.That shit was the scariest, steepest slope I've ever been on...It was *not* a pretty sight. But I made it down alive, and I didn't even fall! When I finally got down to the bottom (it took an eternity because I went so slowly), they told me it was actually a black diamond. Those assholes!
Honestly, I don't think that particular run would have been a black diamond at most other ski resorts. It probably was more like a hard intermediate run. But whatever, I'm still going to tell everyone that I ski black diamonds now!!!
The rest of the time was spent at the cabin eating, watching t.v., eating, reading celebrity gossip magazines (!), and eating. Oh, and drinking. Except I couldn't really drink at all because drinking makes me all congested and my allergies were ridiculous as it was. On Saturday I made the mistake of having a couple drinks and I was miserable and had to just go to sleep at like 10:00.
Anyway, it was a really fun and relaxing weekend and next weekend, we're going to Vegas!
Yippee!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home