3 sisters dropping science on basketball, Harry Potter, and everything in between...

Friday, March 02, 2007

another post by ally...aka the dream

That would be The Dream as in Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon. That's right, I blocked 4 shots the other night -- FOUR!

Here are the conversations I had after my game...

---
Ally: I blocked 4 shots in my game tonight!
Kimi: Were you playing against 7 year olds?
---
Ally: I blocked 4 shots in my game last night!
Wendy: Who were you playing -- midgets?
---

To that, I say: Kimi and Wendy are HATERS!!! ;)

2 of the shots were legitimate blocked shots where the girl was shooting and I swiped at the ball and significantly altered its path cleanly. To be completely honest, the other 2 were slightly more iffy.

The first iffy one occurred when I was closing out on a player up at the top of the key, and as she was shooting, I totally extended myself out and ever so slightly grazed the ball with *one* of my fingertips, causing it to fall *just* short of the basket and out of bounds.

The second iffy one was one where I blocked a 6'2 girl. She was the other team's center and she had pissed me off for many reasons (dating back for about a year!) but she was being especially retarded during the game and finally I lost it when she got totally out of control and fouled my center really hard. The next possession, the other team had the ball and fed it into their center.

Now, she is a really uncoordinated girl and it takes her about 5 seconds to set up her shot and she bends her knees really ridiculously low and sticks her ass way out (not very necessary information, but it helps to get a picture of how awful her form is) and cocks the ball way back...So I leapt up and lunged at her with both arms out -- I got her all over her arms, all over the ball, and all over her hands. I did *not* care in the slightest whether I got called for a foul (or frankly, a flagrant/intentional foul!)...but somehow, the refs didn't call it, so I scooped up the loose ball and ran downcourt with it! It was the end of the game, so we didn't score or even get a real possession out of it, but man was it worth it to hammer her that hard!

And, since it wasn't a foul, it had to be a blocked shot! Yay - chalk another one up for The Dream!

1 Comments:

Blogger wendy_kei said...

I've never blocked 4 shots, but I do frequently get my shot blocked 4 times. I did block this one guy's shot recently and he's like 6'2" or so. He has this amazing hook shot, but he brings the ball way down low as he's initiating the eshot. So one time I came to double him and no one from his team called out the double, so I blocked his shot from behind and everybody laughed at him, including me. Hahaha!

3:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home