Mac Attack!

Here are some pics of Mac(kenzie), the new pooch. She is super cute!! (...Though she apparently had a litter in April so she has big droopy nipples. It's kinda gross, but people at the dog park seemed to think they would, um, recede. I hope so.) She's teeny, but feisty! She's energetic too even though she pants pretty much all the time. She sounds like Darth Vader on speed. LOL. It's driving me a little nuts at the moment, but it's kinda cute too. After awhile I doubt I'll even notice it. (I tend to forget that Sidney is an atypical Frenchy since he doesn't have any respiratory issues.)
Mac is super, super, SUPER attached to me already, and she and Sidney are mostly ignoring each other. I hope that changes since the whole point is for her and Sidney to bond! We went to the dog park today and she would not leave my side!! Everyone was amazed that I've only had her for a day, but she's already attached herself to me like velcro. She even leaped onto this 3.5 foot tall concrete wall I was sitting on so she could sit in my lap. (Sidney has tried numerous times to jump onto the bench, but he's only actually made it up there once even though he's much bigger than her.)
She definitely shows some signs of separation anxiety when I leave the house, but I'm hoping that's because she's still a bit nervous about being in a new place. It's weird because I'm used to Sidney being so independent -- it's one of his best traits IMO -- but it's really sweet to have a dog that follows me around all the time.
So we'll see how it goes over the next two weeks (we have a 14-day trial period). Hopefully she'll warm up to Sidney, but she seems like she may do better in a home where she's an only dog. :-( On the other hand, I think no matter what she'd have a better life with Sidney and me than her previous life as a little baby-making machine down in Hickville.

3 Comments:
Does she always have her tongue hanging out like that? It makes Sidney look much more dignified. She is a lot smaller than Sidney (or is that just picture angle?) Can't wait to meet her.
2:19 PM
yeah, she is WAY smaller than sidney! she's 20 lbs and about half has tall!!! LOL, but she is feisty!
2:27 PM
she sounds like buster -- separation anxiety and being attached to you right away...it makes it really hard to go out, so you'd better work with her on that! we haven't really worked on it with buster... :(
4:47 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home