3 sisters dropping science on basketball, Harry Potter, and everything in between...

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Peeing... Out of Spite?

Sidney has taken to peeing to get a rise out of me. I'm sure the doggy psychologists would say that it's not true, since dogs don't feel any emotions other than happiness, sadness, jealousy, and fear, but I am convinced that they would be wrong on this one. This dog is one stubborn asshole!! He's getting by strictly on his cuteness.

Anyway, for the past week, he's been peeing right in front of me whenever I've been ignoring him or doing something other than focusing 100 percent on playing with him. Example: Last night, I was eating my dinner and keeping an eye on him at the same time. He was begging for my food, so I ignored his begging. Well, after a minute, he walked two feet away, looked up at me, and peed on the floor while looking me directly in the eye! I totally have to have my BRAND NEW carpets cleaned!!!

The hippies on the French bulldog forum I'm on think that he's trying to give me a signal that he needs to go out and that he's not doing it out of spite. However, I think they are probably full of crap since I take him out like every two hours in the evenings. I think he is just being a disobediant teenager!! I had been planning on having him housebroken some time between, say, six months and approximately never (just kidding) since the FBs are so notoriously difficult to train... I guess I will have to reduce my expectations even further about how easy this process will be.

At this very moment, Sidney is snoring in my lap. He is such a little angel when he's not peeing on my carpet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home