Depressed...
So at dinner on Saturday night we were talking about weight loss. Where Jerrod and Aaron work, they're starting a weight loss contest (a la The Biggest Loser). Sounds like a fun idea to motivate people.
Meanwhile, I've been keeping track of my calorie intake and physical activity on sparkpeople.com - I have to say that I am disappointed. This is the first time I've ever tracked my calories formally for any extended period of time (a couple weeks now) and I swear that I'm not losing any weight. Granted, I've been exceeding the recommended calorie amount, but I'm also exercising WAY beyond the recommended amount. Maybe my scale is broken. I don't understand how in the first place I lost like 10 lbs last winter without even trying -- I was consuming all kinds of crap food and working out really sporadically. And THEN I went to Prague and exercised like four times in the 3+ weeks that I was there, ate nothing but pastries and ice cream, and drink beer/wine/absinthe AND DID NOT GAIN ANY WEIGHT. And YET now, I've been back to eating reasonably healthy and working out regularly for the past two months and I've somehow managed to gain back the 10 lbs I lost a year ago. WHAT THE HELL??? I know I snack a lot, but for the past couple of weeks at least I've been really, really good. But I'm still not losing weight..... AND I MISS MY SNACKS!!
I swear that this defies physics. How can I be like 10 times as active as when I was in Prague eating much more healthfully and now gain weight?
Maybe I am pregnant, but I have to admit that it would be a miracle of damn near Biblical proportions. Here's the thing -- why the hell have I been bothering to eat healthy and exercise like a fanatic for the past decade when it appears to make me gain weight???

1 Comments:
yes, i've given up...i'm eating cheese tortellinis smothered in alfredo sauce for lunch today!
11:11 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home